“Charity and acts of kindness are equal to the whole Torah.” Psalms 859
Temple House of Israel appreciates and relies on contributions from our Members, friends, and community to help support our programs, activities, operate and maintain our historic building, keep up the grounds, and preserve our priceless Torahs. There are two ways to make a donation:
- Click on the “Donate” button below to pay via PayPal
- Mail a check payable to THOI and send to the following address: P.O. Box 1412, Staunton, VA 24402-1412; Attn: Treasurer
Donations can be made to celebrate a lifecycle event, honor or thank someone, in memory of a relative or friend, or as a gift of Tzedakah. We have established several Funds, including:
- Building Fund (capital improvements and major repair expenses)
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund (spiritual, religious, and educational resources, programs, and community charitable contributions)
- General Fund (day to day operations, building and grounds maintenance, etc.)
- Torah Fund (Torah restoration and preservation).
On occasion, THOI will create a special Fund targeted for a specific campaign or need. THOI’s practice is to deposit any unspecified donation into the General Fund.
Click below to make a donation via PAYPAL
Clicking on the “Donate” icon above will take you to the PayPal site. If you have a PayPal account, sign in as usual. If you need to create a PayPal account in order to make a donation, you may do so by clicking on the “Donate with a debit or credit card” and then entering the information requested.
Please use the “Write a Note” feature if you would like to describe the purpose of your donation (in honor or memory of a friend or loved one, to celebrate a lifecycle event, to thank someone, or, for Members, to even pay dues).
Thank you for remembering Temple House of Israel in your charitable giving.